- February 13, 2020
- Posted by: Editorial Team
- Category: Uncategorized
UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2020
Union Public Service Commission conducts a civil services exam for interested candidates. UPSC civil services exam is also called the IAS exam. This exam is conducted all over India. UPSC notification 2020 will start the UPSC exam process officially. UPSC civil services 2020 Exam notification, exam dates, syllabus, number of attempts are shown on their official website of UPSC. IAS Prelims 2020 exam postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic across the nation. The new dates for the IAS 2020 exam for prelims will be declared on May 20 after accessing all the situations. UPSC also Published a press notice for the same stating that at least one month will be provided to the candidates to make appropriate arrangements for appearing in the IAS 2020 prelims exam. The UPSC will be considering the difficulties faced by all the stakeholders and will decide about the new dates after May 20, 2020.
Latest update:- UPSC notification 2020
UPSC Notification has to be released the exam calendar. And give some important notification for the exam. UPSC notify the 796 vacancies for this year 2020.
UPSC exam is conducted for top government posts all over India. The topper of the UPSC Exam has the opportunity to become the Cabinet Secretary to the government of India. UPSC conducts the Exams for many services:-
All India services
- Indian Administrative Services (IAS)
- Indian Police services (IPS)
- Indian Forest Services (IFoS)
Central civil services
- Indian Foreign services
- Indian P & T Account and Finance Services (Group A)
- Indian Audit and Accounts services (Group A)
- Indian Revenue Services (Customs and Central Excise) Group A
- Indian Defence account Services (Group A)
- Indian Revenue Services, I.T (Group A)
- Indian Ordnance Services (Group A) Assistant work Manager, Administration
- Indian Postal Services (Group A)
- Indian Civil Accounts Services (Group A)
- Indian Railway Accounts Services (Group A)
- Indian Railway Traffic Services (Group A)
- Indian Railway Personnel Services (Group A)
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Group (Group A)
- Indian Defence Estates Services (Group A)
- Indian Information Services (Group A)
- Indian trade Services (Group A)
- Indian Corporate Law Services (Group A)
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Services (Group B) Section Officers grade
- Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Delhi, Andaman& Nicobar Island Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu Dadra (Group B).
- Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, (Group B).
- Pondicherry Civil services (Group B)
- Pondicherry Police services (Group B)
UPSC Exam Highlights
UPSC Exam is conducted in many places in India. All information about this exam is important for qualifying this UPSC Exam. Here some Highlights of the Exams 2020.
Name of ExamUPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2020
Civil Services Exam(IAS) 2020
Union service public commission(UPSC)
Once a year
Prelims, Mains(Written), Interview(Face-to-Face)
Hindi & English
No. of Test cities
Tests centre across the nation
Exam Helpdesk Number
UPSC Exam Dates
These Exams are conducted once a year. UPSC out the vacancies for different posts of UPSC. It is a government-organized exam. The IAS prelims exam 2020 scheduled to be held on May 31, stands deferred. A decision on the fresh date of the examination will be made available on May 20 after assessing the situation. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be releasing the new IAS prelims 2020 exam dates on May 20. The government conducts the exam for the top-level post of India. Here the exam dates of UPSC Details:-
EventsUPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2020
IAS Exam 2020 Notifications
12 Feb 2020
The UPSC issued the civil services(IAS) exam notification 2020 for 796 vacancies
Last date to apply for UPSC Exam 2020
3 march 2020
The IAS Exam 2020 online application will be accepted until the Date
UPSC Prelims exams 2020
31 May 2020(Postponed due to COVID-19)
IAS Prelims 2020 Exam will be conducted in offline mode
UPSC Prelims 2020 Result
To be announced
IAS Prelims exam result 2020 will be announced by UPSC.
IAS Mains EXam 2020
18 Sep 2020
The UPSC Mains exam 2020 will be conducted by UPSC.
Eligibility of UPSC is very important for the candidates. The first question comes to mind when you see the notification of the UPSC Exam is their eligibility. All candidates who want to fill the UPSC Exam application form first read the eligibility criteria. Details of eligibility criteria are given below:-
For UPSC Exam services the first thing is nationality. The candidate must as an Indian nation. Otherwise, they will be disqualified for the exam.
- The subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Citizen of India
- The intention of permanently settling in India with a Tibetan refugee to come to India before 1 January 1962, they can fill the UPSC Exam application form.
- Some countries people come to India for the intention of the permanent setting of India name of the country is; Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, The united republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, these have come to the permanent setting of India. So, it is able to fill the application form for UPSC.
Age Limit of UPSC Exam 2020
Candidate age is 21 to 32 years, on 1 August 2020 only they can able to fill the form. It means the candidate has to born not earlier than 2 August 1988 and not later than 1 August 1999. But there is some special relaxation of reservation candidates. The details are given below:-
DEfence services Personnel, a disturbed area and released as a consequence and disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country
ECOs and SSCOs who have rendered at least five years of military service as on 1 august 2020 and have been released and Ex-serviceman including commissioned officer
Candidate must have a Graduation Degree in any stream from a government recognised university. Candidates who are in last year or waiting for final results are also eligible to fill the application form of UPSC Prelims Exam. The UPSC Exam application form is released on their time.
UPSC Exam Pattern
The UPSC Exam pattern is very important to know for the candidate. It consists of 3 stages of exams. The exam pattern is following here:-
- Preliminary Examination (IAS prelims)
- Mains Examination (IAS Mains)
- UPSC Personality Test(Interview)
Stages 1. IAS Exam – UPSC Prelims
Name of the paper
Nature of the paper
Duration of the exam
IAS Exam Paper I (General Studies)
Merit Ranking Nature
IAS Exam Paper-II (General Studies CSAT )
- All questions are Prelims Exam is objective and multiple type questions.
- Prelims exams consist of negative marking but it only includes Prelims exams, not in Mains exam.
- Blind candidates can take 20 mint extra time in each paper of exams.
- Compulsory to attend both papers of the Prelims exam otherwise you are disqualified.
- The mark scored in the Prelims exam is not counted in UPSC Mains exams.
Stages 2. IAS Exam – UPSC Mains
The second stage of IAS Exam is also called Mains Exam. It consists of a total of 9 paper and all paper is descriptive type. Here the following details of Mains exam:-
IAS Exam Paper
Name of the Paper
Nature of the Paper
Duration of the time
Compulsory Indian language
General studies I
General Studies II
General Studies III
General Studies IV
Optional paper I
Optional paper II
Interview or Personality Test
Stage 3. IAS Exam – UPSC Interview
Candidates who clear the Prelims exam and Mains exam with the required terms and
condition. They are eligible for this round of exam. The UPSC authority will decide the Interview result. The personality test will be conducted only UPSC Bhawan in New Delhi.
UPSC Exam Centers
UPSC exam centre will be described in the notification of UPSC Exam each year. The Prelims exam conducted 72 cities of India and Mains exam is conducted 24 cities in all India. Details of Prelims and Mains exam centre is given below:-
UPSC Prelims Exam centre
Gautam Budh Nagar
UPSC Mains Exam centre
The candidates who clear the Prelims exams are eligible to sit the Mains exam, but the number of candidates is less than the Prelims exam. So, the UPSC management decided to conduct less centre of the Mains exams. The details of the Mains exam centre is given below:-
Syllabus of UPSC
Syllabus of the UPSC is very important to know whenever you don’t know what is read then you don’t clear the UPSC exam. Here the syllabus is given below, it helps to prepare the prelims exams of UPSC:-
International and national importance of current events
Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social sector Initiatives, Sustainable development
Indian movement and Indian Nation History
Biodiversity, climate change it does not required subject specialization
Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the world
Political system, Panchayati Raj, Public policy, Rights issues etc.
General mental ability
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
Basic numeracy, Data interpretation
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Name of the Exams
Indian language and Hindi
General studies I
General Studies II
General Studies III
General Studies IV
Comprehension(Hindi and English)
Ethics and human interface
Writing(Hindi and English)
Modern Indian History
Science and technology
Usages and Vocabulary(Hindi and English)
Environment and biodiversity
Short Essay(Hindi and English)
Public/civil services values and Ethics in public administrator
Probity in governance
UPSC releases UPSC notifications every year and gives a better opportunity for those who want to see their career in the government sector. I hope this blog can help you to clear the UPSC exams. Now, that you have completed this blog about UPSC you briefly know What is the UPSC, 2nd is services of UPSC, then vacancies of the post then, Exams Dates, eligible criteria 2020 exams and the exam pattern of UPSC. And also know the details about BPSC 2020 in my other post.
Now, the candidates are advised that before applying to UPSC you should have to get all the details related to the UPSC exam. It helps you to perform better. At last, we only want to say that there is nothing big that we can not achieve. But only you should have to focus on their objectives.