- April 17, 2020
- Posted by: Editorial Team
- Category: Uncategorized
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has determined IBPS SO 2020 eligibility criteria for all the interested candidates of post wise. The authorities of IBPS will release the notification of IBPS SO eligibility criteria for I.T. Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Marketing Officer, Law Officer and all posts are in Scale-I. The eligibility criteria of IBPS SO 2020 – Nationality, age and education qualification of the candidates.
Candidates must be eligible on all the grounds to apply for the IBPS SO and as per IBPS SO eligibility criteria 2020, an Indian national candidate their age between 20 to 30 years can fill the application form. All those candidates who fill the application successfully will be issued the IBPS SO 2020 admit card. To know more information about IBPS SO 2020 eligibility criteria, read the article below.
IBPS SO Nationality Condition
Candidates must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS Nationality / Citizenship: A candidate must be either –
1. Citizens of Indian are eligible for the IBPS SO 2020 Exam.
2. A subject of Nepal is eligible for the IBPS SO 2020 Exam.
3. A subject of Bhutan is eligible for the IBPS SO 2020 Exam.
4. A Tibetan Refugee who came India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India for life time that is eligible for the IBPS SO 2020 Exam.
5. A person of Indian origin who has a Indian government permission certificate and the candidates are belongs from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam person who comes with the intention of permanently settling in India and be a person in whose favour a eligibility certificate has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS SO Age Limit Condition
The age of candidates must be as on 1st November 2018.
The candidate must be minimum 20 years of age and a maximum of 30 years of age, i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd November 1988, and not later than 1st November 1997.
The IBPS SO age limit for general category details are given in the tabular form:-
I.T. Officer (Scale I)
Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
Law Officer (Scale-I)
HR/ Personnel Officer (Scale I)
Marketing Officer (Scale I)
Age Limit Relaxation
Here the IBPS PO Age Limit Relaxation details are given below allowed for some categories and that is given below in tabular form:-
IBPS PO Age Limit Relaxation
Upper age limit Age in years
OBC category from the non-creamy layer
Persons With Disabilities:
Person Domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir Between 1980-1989
1984 Riot Victims
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates and the relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on the basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted.
- The candidates age relaxation will be required to submit the necessary certificate in original or copies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS or Participating Organisation.
- The Ex-Servicemen who has joined a Government job on the civil side of the benefits given to him/her as an Ex-Servicemen for re-employment and the Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of the re-employment in Government jobs ceases and there is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers.
IBPS PO Age Limit- Salient Points
The candidates who belong to SC/ST and OBC can apply for a maximum of two cumulative exemptions and if the ST candidate also has a physical disability, then a maximum of 15 years will be relaxed for the upper age limit. No other exemptions will be allowed.
Candidates need to give the certificates their exemption category during the time of the interview to be eligible for the IBPS SO post and the IBPS Age limit relaxation is only published to the candidates as specified in the official notification of the Exam. The IBPS age limit relaxation details may change or remain the same as per the wish of IBPS authority.
The candidates who read and apply for the above-mentioned posts must have the graduate degree or postgraduate degree in the related field. The each officers educational qualification according to their positions details are given below:-
IBPS SO Qualification for IT Officer
The candidates must have completed graduation or post-graduation in the IT related fields and the IT officer candidate should have the qualification in one of the following field are given below:-
A) 4-year Engineering Degree
(i) Computer Science
(ii) Computer Applications
(iii) Information Technology
(v) Electronics & Telecommunications
(vi) Electronics & Communication
(vii) Electronics & Instrumentation
B) Post-Graduate Degree in:
(ii) Electronics & Telecommunications
(iii) Electronics & Communication
(iv) Electronics & Instrumentation
(v) Computer Science
(vi) Information Technology
(vii) Computer Applications
C) Graduate having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level
IBPS SO Qualification for Law Officer
The candidates who want to become an IBPS SO Law Officer must have a Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and must be enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council of India. Some banks also ask for the experience of the candidates.
IBPS SO Qualification for Agriculture Field Officer
The candidates must have a 4-year graduate degree in agriculture or related field to be eligible for the Agriculture Field Officer post and candidates who obtained one of the filled in graduation that is below mentioned filled in graduation can apply for Agriculture field officer.
(iii) Animal Husbandry
(iv) Veterinary Science
(v) Dairy Science
(vi) Fishery Science
(vii) Agri Marketing & Cooperation
(viii) Co-operation & Banking
(x) Agricultural Biotechnology
(xi) Food Science
(xii) Agriculture Business Management
(xiii) Food Technology
(xiv) Dairy Technology
(xv) Agricultural Engineering.
IBPS SO Qualification for Rajbhasha Adhikari
IBPS Rajbhasha Adhikari post that is the candidates are required to have one of the following degrees are mentioned below:-
1. Post-graduate degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the degree level.
2. Post-graduate degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree level.
IBPS SO Qualification for HR/ Personnel Officer
A graduation and full-time post-graduate degree/diploma in one of the following fields is required qualification for candidates to apply for IBPS HR Officer in bank:
(i) Personnel Management
(ii) Industrial Relations
(iii) Human Resources/HRD
(iv) Social Work
(v) Labor Law
IBPS SO Qualification for Marketing Officer
The candidates are eligible to apply for IBPS Marketing Officer who have a graduate degree and one of the following branches:-
(i) Full-time MMS (Marketing)
(ii) MBA (Marketing)
(iii) Full time 2 years PGDBA
(vi) PGDM degree with specialization in Marketing
Hope the information of IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria discussed above will help you to get proper information for the Examination. If you have any queries, feel free to ask or comment in the comment-section of the article that is in the below article, we will help you. If you want to know the all details about the IBPS SO 2020 Exam then, check my another article it gives you the more details about examination.
All the above information is based on the previous year’s notification of the IBPS SO Eligibility. Stay updated with the latest information regarding IBPS SO Eligibility and other information specialist officers by visiting this blog regularly.