IGNOU, New Delhi: Campus, Infrastructure and Hostel Details
First virtual campus of IGNOU was launched in 1999 which offers Computer and Information Sciences courses through the Internet. IGNOU has 67 regional centres 2667 study centres, and 29 overseas centres which have almost 20% of all over students are enrolled.
Facilities in IGNOU
- IGNOU Library has approx 52,000 e-books and almost 42 lakhs full-text academic articles.
- IGNOU Library has a different type of sections such as Acquisition Section, Technical Processing Section, Periodicals Section, Circulation Section, IT and Computer Section and Administration Section.
- IGNOU library performs a most important role in Distance Education and its a most resourceful information centre.
- Acquisition Section handles the purchase of books, reference books, textbooks serial publication and multi-volume books.
- Technical Processing Section handles all the technical queries which become an obstacle to effectively deliver library services to the public.
- Periodical section looks out Print and also electronic Journals Databases.
- TV studios
- Video Recording facilities on following formats
- Betacam SP
- DVC Pro
- Video CD
- Betacam and DVC ENG units
- Audio studios
- Non-Linear Editing Suits
- Suites for Computer Graphics
- Audio editing suite
- Preview room
- Video duplication
- High-speed audio cassette duplication.
- DVD Mastering System
- DVC- Pro to VCD/DVD
- Betacam to VCD/DVD
- DAT to CD
- Audio Cassette to CD