- February 2, 2019
- Posted by: dtp
- Category: Admission
Calicut University is situated in Malappuram, Kerala and offers various Postgraduate courses and programmes. It provides admission in 24 undergraduate and 22 postgraduate courses and programmes. University of Calicut has 30 postgraduate teaching and research departments. MBA programme provided by Calicut Univerity coming under the Department of Commerce and Management Studies.
To enroll in MBA Programme, candidates have to appear in KMAT Kerala entrance exam and qualify it which is conducted by the Kannur University or appear in CMAT/CAT/MAT Exam. Admission in MBA will be based CMAT/CAT/MAT score, Interview and the marks secured in the qualifying examinations.
Applicants can apply online for Calicut University MBA Admissions on the official website of Calicut University after declaration of results of KMAT Kerala. Candidate can fill the online application form on the website after qualifying KMAT Kerala entrance exam.
Mode of Application:- Online
Online Application Starts:- 07th June 2019
Last Date to apply online:- 20th June 2019
Provisional list:- 21st July 2019
Admission:- 25th – 26th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for MBA/PGDM
Students who want to join Calicut University MBA Admission program, must have a bachelor degree from Calicut University or any other university which is recognized by UGC or AICTE and secure at least 50% marks in their graduation.
If you have passed your graduation from School of Distance Education, University of Calicut or any other Distance Education University which is recognized by UGC or AICTE then you are eligible for Calicut University MBA Admission Programme and get admission in MBA programme.
OBC and SC/ST candidate can get 5% relaxation in marks scored in their graduation.
Candidates who are waiting for their graduation results are also eligible to apply.
Candidates are invited to apply online for Calicut University MBA Admissions programme after declaration of result of KMAT Kerala. Students who want to apply can visit official website of Calicut University and fill the application form.
Follow the steps to apply online for admission:
- Visit the official website of Calicut University
- Go to Entrance Courses in the menu tab.
- Then click on PG and click PG/UG Entrance 2019 for remitting fee and submitting online application.
- After submission of application, Select purpose “Application fee for MBA Admission 2019” when processing Challan.
- Now, Take print/save the application form for future preferences.
General Category:- INR 500/-
SC/ST Category: INR 167/-
Submit Application Form to Calicut University
After completion and submission of online application form, candidate have to take print out the application form and then send the printout of application form and attach original challan receipt & a self-addressed Rs.5/- stamped envelope(26cmx15cm) to The Head, Department of Commerce and Management Studies, Calicut University Campus, University of Calicut, Malappuram 673 635.
Candidate has to note the online ID which is necessary for downloading the hall tickets.
Application process for KMAT Kerala Entrance exam
Candidate can apply online for KMAT Kerala on lbs centre website. Candidate should have to submit Application fee for general category candidates of Rs. 800/- and for SC/ST candidate are Rs. 500/-. Last date to fill online application form of KMAT Kerala is June 20, 2019(Tentative).
Now we will let you know the steps to fill online application form for KMAT Kerala. Follow the Steps:
Step 1: Remitting Application fee online
Here are steps to remit the application fee online:
- Visit the official website of Kerala KMAT.
- Now, Click on New Candidate- Remit Application Fee.
- Then, Select category General Candidates Or SC/ST Candidates.
- You have to fill all the necessary information like Name, Age, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and E-Mail.
- Now, complete the online fee payment process. You cannot change the details later which you have entered during online fee payment.
- Pay application fee via online methods of Netbanking/CreditCard/DebitCard of any banks.
General Category:- INR 800/-
SC/ST Category: INR 500/-
Step 2: Complete Online Application Form
Candidate can fill the online application form after 24hours of the online payment of application fee. You can follow the steps to fill the online application form for Kerala KMAT.
- Visit website lbs centre.
- Now, Click on Login-Fee Remitted Candidate.
- Enter your SB Collect Reference Number and Date of Birth for Login step.
- Now, Click on Browse button and then select the photograph file.
- Then click on Upload button. After finish uploading photograph will be seen on the screen.
- Photograph size should be less than 20 KB and in jpg format.
- Now click on Proceed button.
- Now, you will be redirected to application form.
- Fill all the mandatory details correctly and then click on Save button.
- Now, click on Print button to save and take a printout of the application for future preferences.
Admission in the Calicut University MBA Admission programme will be based on the marks obtained in the KMAT Kerala entrance exam or CAT/CMAT/MAT which is conducted by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). Score of KMAT Kerala entrance exam, marks obtained in Group Discussion, Personal Interview and qualifying examinations of 12th or 10+2 are combined together to do the selection for Calicut University MBA Admission programme.
Criteria of ranking the candidates for MBA admission:
Entrance test score: 120 marks
12th/PDC marks: 30 marks
Group discussion: 25 marks
Personal Interview: 25 marks
General category candidates have to score minimum 10% in Entrance test of MBA. While SC/ST candidates have to score minimum 5%.
Weghtage marks of 12th will be based on total marks obtained in all parts like Part I, Part II and Part III or languages and subjects.
Candidate who has scored 50% in their 12th will gain no weightage marks means they gain 0 marks for their 12th/PDC marks.
|Marks Obtained In 12th/PDC||Weightage Marks|
|50% to 55% marks||5 Marks|
|55.01% to 60% marks||10 Marks|
|60.1% to 65% marks||15 Marks|
|65.1% to 70% marks||20 Marks|
|70.1% to 75% marks||25 Marks|
|Above 75% marks||30 Marks|